Learn More About Male Cosmetic Surgery
More men are coming to us for cosmetic surgery than ever before. In fact, nearly 10% of all cosmetic surgery patients in 2012 were men, according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, with over 160,000 procedures performed nationwide. Following surgery, our patients tell us they feel as though they look younger and more athletic. As a result, these men also feel or experience the following:
- Their self-confidence and self-esteem improve
- They are more successful at work
- Women find them more attractive
- Their interpersonal relationships and sex lives are strikingly enhanced
The most common facial procedures include eyelid surgery, facelift, neck contouring, rhinoplasty, chin augmentation, otoplasty and brow lift. Common body procedures include abdominoplasty, body lift, liposuction, arm lift, gynecomastia treatment, and post bariatric surgery.
- Listen to your concerns you about your appearance
- Educate you about the possibilities for improvement
- Work out a treatment plan that results in a natural, non-operated look
- Discuss our Rapid Recovery Program, which typically results in a quick, painless recovery, little downtime, and prompt return to work. Click to see full list of cosmetic surgery procedures for men
Top 5 Procedures for Men
1. Liposuction – 41,642 men in 2012
Liposuction, also known as liposculpture, suction lipectomy or suction assisted lipectomy, is the most common cosmetic procedure performed in the United States. The goal of liposuction is to remove targeted areas of diet and exercise resistant fat in order to contour the body. Fat removal with liposuction is permanent; however, it is not a method of weight control or a treatment for obesity.
2. Rhinoplasty/Nose Reshaping – 29,966 men in 2012
Dr. Parker changes the shape of a patient’s nose by changing the configuration of their nasal bones and cartilage. He may also correct breathing problems at the same time by correcting the patient’s deviated nasal septum and other related internal nasal structures. Rhinoplasty procedures can be performed in combination with other procedures, such as a face lift, blepharoplasty, liposuction, otoplasty, or chin augmentation.
3. Eyelid Rejuvenation – 23,251 men in 2012
When the upper eyelids begin to droop due to aging, many problems can arise, ranging from an aesthetically displeasing look to actual obstruction of vision. Eyelid Rejuvenation procedures can also be combined with a face lift or chin augmentation.
4. Gynecomastia Treatment – 22,736 men in 2012
Gynecomastia is a medical term that means enlargement of the male breast. It can affect one breast or both and is relatively common in adolescent boys and older males alike. Prominent nipples and “puffy” areolas are often seen with this condition, but can be corrected with a breast reduction for men. Dr. Parker understands the emotional effects of this type of procedure and takes time to explain the various options to his patients.
5. Otoplasty/Ear Pinning – 12,053 men in 2012
Ears that over-protrude from the sides of the head can make boys and men self-conscious about their appearance. To improve upon the prominence of ears, an otoplasty, or ear surgery, can be a performed as a wonderful solution.
Facial Plastic Surgery Procedures for Men