Parker Center for Plastic Surgery
122 East Ridgewood Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
Phone: (201) 967-1212
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: 9:00 a.m.–7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.–2 p.m. (medical spa only)
Breast reduction at our practice in Paramus, New Jersey, can reduce your breasts to a size that is right for you, providing relief from back and shoulder pain. It is one of the highest-rated procedures in terms of patient satisfaction.
Cost & Recovery
- $13,780 - $15,045*
- Most patients return to a desk job within the first week after surgery
- Breast reduction can be safely performed in teens after the breasts have fully developed.
- A breast lift is performed at the same time as a reduction to achieve a more youthful shape.
- Breast asymmetry can be addressed during breast reduction.
- 86,543 women had a breast reduction in 2019.*
* Refer to our Pricing page for details.
**Statistical information listed here is drawn from 2019 The Aesthetic Society data.
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.OK
Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
Do you feel your breasts are too large for your body? Are you tired of dealing with back, neck, and shoulder pain and clothing that feels too tight on your chest? Breast reduction surgery can help. It’s a popular procedure here at Parker Center for Plastic Surgery. Dr. Parker and our team love helping patients achieve near-immediate relief from their symptoms—as well as smaller, lighter, and more youthfully shaped breasts!
- What are the benefits of breast reduction?
- How much does breast reduction surgery cost?
- Do I need a breast reduction or breast lift?
- What are my breast reduction options at Parker Center?
- How is breast reduction surgery performed?
- How long is the recovery after breast reduction?
What Are the Benefits of Breast Reduction?
Overly large, heavy breasts can cause back, neck, and shoulder pain as well as feelings of self-consciousness and difficulty in finding clothing that fits. Breast reduction can alleviate many of these symptoms almost immediately, restoring your freedom to enjoy physical and social activities.
After breast reduction surgery, almost all patients state their physical discomfort from the heavy and sagging breasts is eliminated. Additionally, they report how much better they look and feel in clothing, their ability to exercise more comfortably, and enhanced self-esteem.
How Much Does Breast Reduction Surgery Cost in New Jersey?
At Parker Center, breast reduction surgery starts at $13,780 depending on the extent of surgery needed to achieve a patient’s goals, as well as what procedures are involved (i.e., liposuction alone vs. an anchor reduction and lift). At the end of your consultation with Dr. Parker, we will provide an individualized price quote with a breakdown of all associated costs.
Do I Need a Breast Reduction or a Breast Lift?
While it is true that larger breasts are often more prone to sagging, these procedures have different goals—and determining the right option for you depends on your natural anatomy and what you hope to achieve.
- Breast reduction surgery removes natural breast tissue to create a smaller breast mound. While the majority of breast reduction patients also benefit from lifting, the primary goal of a breast reduction is not to correct breast sagging. Instead, a breast reduction reduces excess breast tissue to a more manageable size while improving the shape and position of the breast and nipple/areolar complex. Dr. Parker includes lifting techniques in all of his breast reduction procedures.
- Breast lift surgery is designed to address breast sagging without dramatically altering the size of the breasts. Rather, this procedure removes excess skin and lifts the breasts higher on the chest for a more youthful appearance. A breast lift can be performed on breasts of all sizes, and many women with smaller breasts benefit from a breast lift after weight loss, pregnancy, and breastfeeding, or the natural impact of aging. In fact, breast lift surgery is often combined with breast augmentation to correct deflation and improve breast shape; this is referred to as augmentation mastopexy.
As with any breast procedure, Dr. Parker’s goal with breast reduction is to help you alleviate your symptoms and create smaller, shapelier breasts that are natural in proportion to your body. During your consultation, he will assess your current breast size, chest width, height, and any existing asymmetry, and talk with you about your desired breast size to agree upon a breast size and shape that is best for you.
Paul M. Parker, M.D., FACS
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Known for his surgical talent and caring personality, Dr. Parker has been serving the community for over 25 years. He has dedicated his practice to the education, safety, and comfort of his patients—making each one feel as important as family.
What Are My Breast Reduction Options at Parker Center?
There are 3 main methods of performing breast reduction:
- Vertical or “lollipop” reduction
- Inverted T or anchor breast reduction.
Dr. Parker takes care to use the most scar-minimizing option possible to achieve the smaller, aesthetically pleasing breasts you have in mind.
Liposuction for Breast Reduction
Liposuction can be an effective breast reduction technique in breasts with a high content of fatty tissue, which is most common in older women and much less common in younger women. Liposuction has little benefit on breast shape and tends to flatten the breast. Therefore, Dr. Parker typically limits the use of liposuction for breast reduction in this older patient population. He performs this procedure infrequently because he achieves a better sized and shaped breast with minimal incision techniques.
Vertical Breast Reduction
Women who require a modest reduction and lift are candidates for vertical breast reduction (also called the Lejour or lollipop breast reduction). This technique employs a limited incision around the areola and vertically down to the inframammary crease under the breast. It usually does not involve an incision within the inframammary crease itself. This limited incision procedure has become Dr. Parker’s preferred technique for the following reasons:
- The scars typically are virtually unnoticeable.
- The resultant shape of the breast is almost always significantly improved versus the flattening of the breast that tends to occur with an anchor breast reduction.
- Recovery is quicker than with an anchor breast reduction.
- Patient acceptance and satisfaction have been phenomenal.
Anchor Breast Reduction
The traditional, classic, or anchor breast reduction uses an inverted T incision, which:
- Encircles the areola
- Extends vertically down to the breast crease
- Runs along the crease
This method is reserved for very large breast reductions and for those patients whose breasts sag significantly (common after massive weight loss) with nipples pointing downward since it is the only way to reduce this very large amount of breast tissue and/or loose skin.
How Is Breast Reduction Surgery Performed?
Breast reduction surgery time ranges from about 1½ to 4½ hours, depending on the technique used. All incisions are closed with dissolving sutures. Your general anesthesia is provided by our board-certified MD anesthesiologist. After about 1 hour in our recovery suite, you will be able to go home to continue your recovery.
“The Best! I had a Breast Reduction and Lift. Not only is Dr. Parker a professional to work with, he’s a master at his craft. The whole process from the consultation to the post operative has been amazing. Dr. Parker is focused, caring and meticulous….The operating room team was comforting, caring and professional. If you need to trust a doctor with your body, there’s no one better. The recovery was painless, a bit uncomfortable at times just as they said. I’m writing this 5 days out. I’m so happy I choose the Parker Center.”Breast Reduction Patient
Your Breast Reduction Consultation & Imaging Session
Consultations at Parker Center are special. Dr. Parker will spend extra time with you, ensuring that he understands your goals and that you are fully educated about each potential solution. Additionally, our imaging expert will help you see the possibilities with digital photo imaging or VECTRA® 3D imaging technology, depending on your interests. Patients who are comparing providers often tell us our consults are the most thorough and informative they’ve ever experienced!
How Long Is the Recovery After Breast Reduction?
Patients can shower the day after surgery and resume most activities of daily living, including the return to work within several days. Aerobic exercise that does not involve the chest can be started 10 days after surgery. All other activities can usually begin 3 weeks after surgery.
Rapid Recovery Program
Our surgical procedures, anesthesia, medications, and aftercare are tailored to minimize post-operative discomfort and accelerate recuperation.Learn More
Take the Next Step
To meet with Dr. Parker and his team in Paramus, New Jersey, and discuss your breast augmentation options, request a free cosmetic consultation using our online form or call (201) 967-1212 for an appointment. We also offer free cosmetic consults by phone or video with our nurse coordinator if you prefer to start with this option.