Parker Center for Plastic Surgery
122 East Ridgewood Ave
Paramus, NJ 07652
Phone: (201) 967-1212
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
Wednesday: 9:00 a.m.–7 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m.–2 p.m. (medical spa only)
Breast Implant Revision
By removing or replacing your existing breast implants, revision breast surgery or explant surgery in Paramus, New Jersey, can help correct problems with your breast implants and improve how your breasts look and feel.
Cost & Recovery
- Schedule your cosmetic consultation with Dr. Parker to get your personalized quote backed by our Price Guarantee.
- Patients typically return to normal activities within 3 weeks.
- A desire for size change is the most common reason for revision surgery.
- Enhanced self-confidence and improved body image are added benefits.
- Dr. Parker also offers nonsurgical capsular contracture treatment.
- Typically, revision surgery is performed using the original breast augmentation incision site.
Breast Implant Revision
Before & After Photos
This feature contains nudity. Please click OK to confirm you are at least 18 years of age and are not offended by such material.
Over two million women have breast implants, and the overall satisfaction rate among breast augmentation patients is very high. However, complications can occur. Scientific studies have shown no correlation between implants and breast cancer, autoimmune disorders, or systemic illness; however, due to a number of factors, results of breast augmentation vary. A percentage of women from Ridgewood and throughout Bergen County, North New Jersey, and beyond come to see Dr. Parker for breast implant revision because they are unsatisfied with their initial outcome from surgery performed elsewhere.
Review common reasons for implant revision surgery.
Many patients have reached out to us with questions or concerns about the recent recall of Allergan BIOCELL textured breast implants. First and foremost, we encourage you not to panic. Read on for 5 things to keep in mind about BIA-ALCL and the breast implant recall.
- Unless you are experiencing symptoms, it is not recommended that you have your current breast implants removed or replaced.
- Textured breast implants in the Allergan BIOCELL family are the only implants impacted by this recall. Only textured breast implants have been linked to an increased risk of developing BIA-ALCL.
- Symptoms of BIA-ALCL are obvious, so you would notice if something was wrong. Symptoms include swelling, redness or rashes, changes in firmness, or lumps around the breast implant.
- BIA-ALCL is an incredibly rare condition with an *estimated lifetime risk of only around .0003%.
- When treated early, BIA-ALCL is almost always totally curable through the removal of the implant and capsule.
Learn more BIA-ALCL and the breast implant recall.
What Is Breast Implant Revision (Explant Surgery)?
Some patients decide years, or even decades, after breast augmentation that they no longer want to have breast implants. Whether you are experiencing complications such as capsular contracture, you are concerned about the possibility of complications, or you just feel that your implants no longer suit your lifestyle, Dr. Parker can perform breast implant removal while also ensuring an aesthetically pleasing outcome. This process is technically known as explantation surgery.
Paul M. Parker, M.D., FACS
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Known for his surgical talent and caring personality, Dr. Parker has been serving the community for over 35 years. He has dedicated his practice to the education, safety, and comfort of his patients—making each one feel as important as family.
What Happens at a Breast Implant Revision Consultation?
During your consultation, Dr. Parker will discuss your options for implant removal and replacement with you, including:
- Type of implant to be used
- Implant location, either above or below the pectoralis major muscle
- Size of the new implants
- Whether any type of breast lift is necessary
You will also receive the same thorough sizing & shaping session that we offer our first-time breast augmentation patients. This includes the chance to try on sizers (if you are choosing to go larger) and 3D computer imaging to simulate your corrected breast shape and size.
Other doctors and patients frequently refer breast implant revision patients to Dr. Parker as he has extensive experience in breast surgery. In addition, Parker Center is the only provider in our region trained and licensed to use the revolutionary Aspen Ultrasound System for nonsurgical treatment of capsular contracture.
How Is Breast Implant Revision Done?
Breast implant revision procedures are usually performed under general anesthesia or intravenous sedation, monitored by one of our board-certified anesthesiologists. The original incision used to insert the implant is almost always the same one used to remove and replace it. All incisions are closed with dissolving sutures. Surgery times range from 45 minutes to 2 hours, depending on the amount of scar tissue surrounding the implant and whether a breast lift procedure is necessary.
Rapid Recovery Program
Our surgical procedures, anesthesia, medications, and aftercare are tailored to minimize post-operative discomfort and accelerate recuperation.Learn More
“From my first call I was so impressed with Dr. Parker’s office. I had a saline implant that deflated (done by another Dr.) and I called and was taken in the very same day. Just came from my visit after the surgery and I’m so pleased. Will definitely refer Dr. Parker’s office. Their staff is professional and friendly! THANK YOU!!”Breast Implant Revision Patient
What Is My Next Step?
To meet with Dr. Parker and his team in Paramus, New Jersey, and learn more about breast augmentation revision surgery, request a cosmetic consultation using our online form or call (201) 967-1212 for an appointment.