Spring Break Beachside? Planning That Sunny Summer Trip? We Can Help Bring Your Skin Back to Life!
The beach life—it doesn’t get much better than spending long, lazy days shoreside. Some folks are escaping to the beaches early for spring break, and we know summer is right around the corner.
As much as we all love to spend a carefree day having fun in the sun, we still have to look out for our skin—and we want to help you do the same.
No matter whether you live by the ocean or just rent a cottage for the season, that beautiful beach life could be aging you… and fast.
What exactly can that breezy beach weather do to your skin?
Spending long days on the shore and having a great tan is not going to impress anybody when you have premature wrinkles and tired looking skin. Consider the ways a week at the beach can affect your skin:
- Dehydration: Swimming around in salty water and exposing your skin to sun and wind takes dramatic amounts of moisture away from your body, leaving your skin dull and dry.
- Over Exfoliation: If your favorite beach is windy, your face may endure an unexpected sandblasting. This can leave you with raw, tender skin.
- Dry Lips: Lips can sunburn easily, and it is important to apply lip balm with SPF throughout the day. Whether you do or don’t, your lips are likely to feel beat up after a day on the water.
- Wrinkles: 90% of fine lines, wrinkles and brown spots on your skin are caused by sun damage. Need we say more?
So, even beautiful weather conditions can do frightful things to your face and skin. Let’s talk about solutions.
Non-surgical facial rejuvenation: a 2-in-1 solution
All the effects mentioned above are just extreme versions of the usual factors that contribute to aging—and the good news is that we are experts at helping patients fight all signs of aging. We offer options including injectables, fillers, skin resurfacing and chemical peels to help restore and rejuvenate your face:
- Skin resurfacing can help treat fine lines and surface imperfections.
- Fillers such as Restylane® can help plump up areas where volume was lost.
- BOTOX® is famous for treating frown lines that can make you look angry or concerned.
Injectables & skin resurfacing are excellent, cost-effective treatments, but they are not a substitute for surgery. For more advanced signs of aging, such as jowling, sagging or drooping skin on the neck or eyelids, cosmetic surgery is typically the best option.
If you’re interested in discussing your options for facial rejuvenation, contact us for your consultation. In the meantime, be sure to wear a high-quality full-spectrum sunscreen and cover up your skin while at the beach, whenever it’s practical. You can even make it fun and glamorous with a sarong and wide-brim straw hat!