Non-Surgical Facial Rejuvenation
Today, many patients want facial rejuvenation without surgery. If your skin has developed wrinkles, is blotchy or discolored, or is beginning to droop just a little, noninvasive treatments may be for you. Botox is famous for helping people to avoid looking angry or concerned by treating frown lines. Fillers such as Restylane can help plump up areas where volume was lost. And skin resurfacing can treat fine lines and surface imperfections. These treatments can be performed relatively quickly, often with quick results and no downtime afterward.
- The Parker Rejuvenation Lift
- BOTOX & Dysport
- Jeuveau™ Injections
- Juvéderm, Restylane & more
- FaceTite minimally-invasive facelift
- Morpheus8 skin tightening
- Halo™ Hybrid Fractional Laser
- Laser Hair Removal
- Forever Young BBL + Halo
- Skin Resurfacing & Microdermabrasion
- Chemical Peels
Your Skincare Consultation
The first step on the road to healthy skin is a thorough skin evaluation to identify special problems. Dr. Parker will also evaluate the skin of the hands, décolletage, and any other areas of concern.
Dr. Parker and our experienced aestheticians at our Medi-Spa aim to do the following to improve your skin’s appearance and health:
- brighten your complexion
- smooth the skin
- revitalize the face
- equalize the color
- improve fine wrinkles
Maintaining healthy skin requires ongoing attention. Our aestheticians will also help develop a customized at-home skin maintenance plan for you.
Understanding How Skin Ages
Key to finding the best treatment option for your concerns is to first identify the nature of your aging. To get started, it’s helpful to understand a little about the skin first. Our skin acts as a protective barrier for our body. It is composed of two layers:
- The epidermis is the outer layer of the skin. It sheds every two weeks when the skin is healthy.
- The dermis is the second layer of the skin, composed of collagen fibers that provide structure and support to the skin in addition to elastic fibers.
Most people know that sun damage and environmental toxins, such as smoking, damage the skin and accelerate normal skin aging. Here are the reasons why:
- The epidermis becomes thickened with irregular cells.
- Collagen degenerates in the dermal layer and the elastic fibers accumulate in abnormal patterns. This collagen loss causes the dermal layer to lose its ability to support, stretch and contract.
- Pigment-producing cells in the skin, called melanocytes, become unevenly distributed, leading to areas of increased pigmentation and blotchiness.
All of the above changes result in wrinkles, skin laxity, irregular pigmentation, and skin cancers.
Non-Surgical Wrinkle Treatment Options
Your skin evaluation will allow us to recommend appropriate treatments for you. Non-surgical treatment options include:
- Neurotoxins: BOTOX® and Dysport®, and the new Jeuveau™: best for treating dynamic wrinkles (also known as “smile lines”, “frown lines”, or “crow’s feet”), which result from repeated facial expressions. These are narrow depressions in the skin most commonly seen in the forehead, between the eyebrows, crow’s feet, and vertical wrinkles around the lips
- Wrinkle Fillers: best for treating skin fold wrinkles, which occur as the cheeks sag with aging. These are most commonly seen from the corner of the nose to the corner of the mouth (called “nasolabial folds”) and from the corner of the mouth downward (called “marionette lines”)
- Skin Resurfacing Treatments: best for treating crepe-paper wrinkles, or the fine wrinkles from sun exposure that are usually found on the cheeks. Chemical peels, lasers, microdermabrasion, and topical products are used to treat crepe-paper wrinkles.
Many of these treatments can be done alone, or in combination. The combination of non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatments has been referred to by some as “liquid facelift.”The “liquid facelift” restores facial volume, reduces wrinkles, and provides a degree of facial rejuvenation.
The liquid is typically an injectable filler (Restylane, Juvéderm, Radiesse,etc.) in conjunction with neurotoxins (BOTOX, etc.), which relax facial lines. All injectable treatments at The Parker Center are performed by our Nurse Injector, Angela Parisi, RN, who has over 21 years of experience working with cosmetic patients.
When to Consider Facial Rejuvenation Surgery
Injectables & skin resurfacing are excellent, cost-effective wrinkle treatments, but they are not a substitute for surgery. For advanced signs of aging, such as jowling, sagging, or drooping skin on the neck or eyelids, cosmetic surgery is typically the best option. Surgical options include eyelid lift, brow lift, facelift, and neck lift surgery.