Microdermabrasion New Jersey
Over time, the effects of aging and sun damage start to show up on our skin. Dark spots, wrinkles, fine lines, and acne scars are just a few of the visible effects. One of the most effective non-surgical methods developed to reduce these signs is microdermabrasion.
Why choose microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is perfect for improving surface-level imperfections and providing overall exfoliation for brighter, smoother skin. Because it doesn’t use any chemicals, many patients who aren’t well-suited to more aggressive treatments or those who have allergies to certain chemicals. Here are just a few of the skin issues it can reduce:
- Fine lines and mild to moderate wrinkles
- Severity of acne scars
- Dark spots from sun damage and hormonal changes
- The appearance of large pores
- White heads and black heads
The gentle yet precise exfoliation makes it an ideal pre-treatment to enhance the results of other skin rejuvenation procedures and treatments. Among microdermabrasion’s many benefits:
- 100% non-invasive with no downtime
- Effective for patients with darker skin
- Safe for other parts of the body, such as the décolletage
- Optimizes absorption of daily skincare products, which can increase their effectiveness
- Promotes your skin’s natural ability to heal acne
- An affordable, chemical- and laser-free resurfacing option
How microdermabrasion works
Here at the Parker Center Medi-Spa, we use the Parisian Peel system, which is one of the gentlest systems available today. Very fine particles of commercial-grade rubies and sapphires target the treatment area as directed by a wand. This stream of crystals gently abrade the surface layers of the skin and then the wand suctions the crystals along with the sloughed-off skin cells to reveal a new layer skin. With each session, a layer of skin is removed in a very controlled manner.
Because it is so gentle, microdermabrasion can be used on any skin type. Following treatment, you may see some mild redness, but this will subside in a few days. Treatment takes less than an hour, and you can go back to your day immediately afterward.
How often will I need treatment?
Our aestheticians typically recommend between 4 and 8 treatments to get the desired results. For maintenance and exfoliation, monthly or bi-monthly treatments are recommended. For basic skin care, we recommend treatment every 3 to 4 months.
Is there anytime I shouldn’t have microdermabrasion?
As with any cosmetic treatment, your safety is our priority. You shouldn’t have microdermabrasion if any of the following apply to you:
- You’ve used Accutane in the last several months
- You have cancerous lesions
- You have an active skin infection
Overall, this is an effective, non-invasive, and painless treatment for superficial and mild skin issues. With each treatment, there is a gradual improvement in skin tone and texture giving you a more youthful glow.