Dr. Paul Parker Helps Women Look Younger and Slim the Face with a New Jersey Facelift and Neck Lift
New Jersey plastic surgeon, Dr. Paul M. Parker, explains the various ways in which a facelift and neck lift procedures are used alone or together to give patients a slimmer and younger looking face.
Paramus, NJ (PRWEB) May 17, 2011 – Chronological and physiological aging, weight gain, weight loss and genetics are all responsible for issues around the face and neck that are often of concern to patients can be corrected with a New Jersey facelift, neck lift or both.
“When these patients come to see us in our office, I will ask them to prioritize what it is that bothers them. In some, it’s the aging changes of the face alone, neck alone or both. In examining these patients, I look carefully at their anatomy. Correlating their concerns and their anatomy allows us to discuss treatment options and evolve a treatment plan,” says Dr. Paul Parker. “When addressing these facial and neck issues, there are a variety of approaches that we can take that fall under the category of a facelift or neck lift.”
For patients of The Parker Center in New Jersey, facelift and neck lift procedures are determined based on Dr. Parker’s discussion of options with the patient. “Face and neck lifts are pretty related and are often performed together for optimal results,” says Dr. Parker. “But, they can also be done separately depending on the specific needs and desires of the patient.”
Here are the various factors that he looks for when deciding how to move forward:
- Excess fat in the neck, good skin elasticity and muscle tone- Fullness in the neck from weight gain, aging or genetics makes people of all ages feel self-conscious and even gives the appearance that they are overweight when they are not. Using a small incision under the chin, Dr. Parker uses VASER liposuction to remove the excess fat. Because the skin has good elasticity, it should bounce back, conforming to the improved shape created with liposuction. The patient will have a slimmer neck and neckline.
- Excess fat in the neck, poor elasticity and muscle tone- This situation calls for a more intensive neck lift. Because the skin has lost elasticity, liposuction alone is not a good tool. The fat is removed with liposuction, but the excess skin needs to be tightened as well. If the platysma muscles in the neck are loose and sag, these are also tightened with sutures that help improve the contour of the neck. Incisions for this procedure are made under the chin and around the ear lobe.
- Excess skin in the neck- If there is no fat present, but the skin has lost elasticity, Dr. Parker uses the under chin and ear lobe incisions to remove excess skin and appropriately tighten it to improve the contour of the neck.
- Sagging fat and skin of the cheeks and jowls- If there aren’t any issues with the neck, but facial skin and fat are sagging in the cheeks and jowls, a “mini” facelift can correct the issue. Dr. Parker will lift the sagging fat into a more youthful position with sutures as well as remove and appropriately tighten the lax skin. This is done through well concealed incisions along the nooks and crannies in the front of the ear.
- Excess skin and fat in the cheeks, jowls and neck- This situation calls for what is really a traditional face and neck lift. This addresses the middle third and lower third of the face as well as the neck. Sagging facial fat is lifted into a more youthful position with sutures. The lax facial and neck skin is tightened with sutures in front of and behind the ear. The goal here again is a more youthful looking face and neck.
Surgery time varies depending on what procedure is employed. For simple liposuction, it may take only 45 minutes but if a full face and neck lift is needed, the surgery may take up to 4 hours. Recovery for a New Jersey facelift and neck lift takes about 2 weeks when the patient can get back to normal activities and be out in public comfortably.
“While the patient will see a decided difference immediately after the surgery, she will have a very good preview of the final result within approximately three months,” says Dr. Paul Parker. “Final results can take approximately 6 to 12 months, depending on the patient.”
Carefully listening to and examining the patient are essential to Dr. Parker in formulating and discussing treatment options which are customized for each patient. Computer imaging can also be very helpful in giving the patients an idea of what they might look like after surgery.
All of New Jersey plastic surgeon, Dr. Paul M. Parker’s procedures are performed in the Parker Center’s state-of-the-art, fully certified ambulatory surgical facility, Surgiplex, LLC. Here, Dr. Parker has worked with the same team of excellent board certified anesthesiologists for over 20 years. They, along with their staff of highly trained registered nurses work hard to provide an exceptional experience for all of their patients.
For more information about face and neck lift surgery, visit our website at https://www.parkercenter.net, or call the Parker Center for Plastic Surgery to schedule a complimentary consultation at 201-967-1212.
About Dr. Parker
Dr. Paul Parker has over 20 years of surgical experience and is a highly skilled New Jersey plastic surgeon. He has been named as one of the top surgeons in the field by Consumer’s Research Council of America and served as the Assistant Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the New York University Medical Center. His patients report an excellent level of patient care and understanding throughout their time under his care. He currently serves as the Medical Director of the Parker Center, a New Jersey plastic surgery center. To learn more, visit https://www.parkercenter.net.