For many years, breasts have represented femininity, nurturing, and sexuality. Small or sagging breasts may be associated with feelings of low self-esteem and diminished femininity.
In an effort to remedy this problem, women have used special bras and inserts to create fuller, uplifted breasts. With the increasing popularity and safety of breast augmentation and breast lift surgery, women are increasingly enhancing the size and improving the shape of their breasts—and finding some unexpected emotional perks.
Who should consider a breast lift?
In our experience at the Parker Center, there isn’t a “typical” patient seeking breast lift surgery. Our patients often fall into one of the following categories:
- A woman who became bothered by the sagging and the loss of fullness in her breasts after childbirth or with weight loss.
- A woman whose breasts progressively sag as she ages.
- A teenager troubled by the her breasts sagging as they develop, often with downward pointing nipples.
What are the emotional benefits of a breast lift?
Regardless of their reasons for requesting breast lift surgery, Dr. Parker has observed that his patients share a common set of feelings following surgery. They are as follows:
- Over 90 % of patients have an improved body image and self esteem.
- Almost all of his patients would undergo the procedure again and recommend it to their friends. Many of our patients are referred by former patients.
- When seen at their one year anniversary following surgery, patients report the procedure exceeded their expectations.
- Patients report they feel more comfortable with their bodies, a greater sense of femininity and their relationships are enhanced.
- Patients feel more self confident and demonstrate improved interpersonal skills.
- Many patients feel a psychological lift from now being able to wear stylish clothing and bathing attire that they previously could not.
These positive emotional responses to breast lift surgery are very gratifying to Dr. Parker and his staff at the Parker Center in New Jersey.
Is a breast lift right for you?
Youthful, perky breasts are achievable for a significant number of patients, though breast lift surgery is not for everyone. You may not be a candidate for breast lift surgery if you have significant health problems or if you are not properly motivated for surgery.
You should be seeking the surgery for you and not because you think it will salvage a failing relationship or have people look at you in a different light. Don’t be talked into this by someone else—only you can decide what is right for you.
Dr. Parker and his experienced staff at the Parker Center in New Jersey will be happy to help in making the right decision with you. If you would like to learn more about breast lift surgery here in Paramus, NJ, request a consultation online or call (201) 967-1212.