Male Neck Liposuction New Jersey – Procedure Information
Neck contouring is a cosmetic procedure done when the patient feels he or she has too much fatty tissue or loose skin around the neck.
If you feel you that your neck has become a problem area, neck contouring may be a great method for you to get back to looking and feeling your best. Neck Contouring procedures at the Parker Center are sometimes combined with a face lift or chin augmentation. At the time of consultation, Dr. Parker will discuss surgical options such as liposuction or cervicoplasty with you.
Patients who have good skin elasticity but excessive fat in the neck are often good candidates for liposuction. Once the fat is removed, the neck appears tighter and younger looking.
- The procedure works by making a three to four millimeter incision under the chin and behind each earlobe.
- The area to be sculpted is then infiltrated with our “super wet” solution.
- VASER ultrasonic liposelection is then performed in about 30 minutes time, usually with light intravenous sedation.
Liposelection is a better alternative than traditional liposuction because it allows for a smaller area to be precisely targeted. The end result is often better than traditional liposuction. Plastic surgeons like Dr. Parker have to be specially trained to use this advanced technology. By using liposelection by VASER, patients can achieve the look they want, with a minimally invasive surgery.
- You’d be discharged after about one hour
- Recovery is virtually painless
- Swelling and discoloration usually subside within seven to 10 days
- Sutures dissolve on their own
- You can generally return to normal activities within three to four days, and can resume exercise in 10 to 14 days
Patients who have extra fat in the neck area and loose or excessive neck skin will require more than liposuction to get the look they desire. The procedure that needs to be done in these cases is called a “cervicoplasty,” “platysmaplasty,” “neck lift,” or “lower facelift.”
- Cervicoplasty can be performed as a stand-alone procedure or in conjunction with a facelift
- Intravenous sedation or general anesthesia is employed
- A cervicoplasty employs limited incisions beneath the chin and behind the ears to remove loose skin and fat
- During the procedure Dr. Parker will also tighten the underlying platysma muscle to ensure the area will remain firm and smooth
- The time for surgery ranges from 45 minutes to 2 hours depending on the extent of skin laxity
The results of this surgery can be stunning. The change not only enhances the facial profile but also creates a more youthful appearance. It is a great solution for those with excess skin, droopy skin or those who want a tighter, firmer look. Neck Contouring procedures at the Parker Center are commonly combined with an otoplasty, a face lift, or chin augmentation.
- Patients are usually discharged within one hour after surgery or stay overnight depending on the extent of the procedure
- There is a feeling of “tightness” under the neck initially, but that will subside during the healing process
- Stitches are removed within one week
- Swelling and discoloration subside within 10 to 14 days and you may return to all normal activities after two weeks
Latest Blog Posts
Paul M. Parker, M.D. · Parker Center for Plastic Surgery · Paramus NJ