Cosmetic Surgery for Men New Jersey – Thigh and Body Lifting Procedures
Following substantial weight loss, excess skin can hang from the hips, and from the outer and inner thighs. This can be very frustrating for those who have worked hard to lose weight because the skin will never regain the elasticity it once had.
The only way to fix this problem is through a body lifting procedure that surgically removes the excess skin and tightens these areas. This will:
- Create a new, smoother contour,
- Make you look younger, and
- Allow you finally enjoy the fruits of your labor.
- Body/thigh lift is performed under general anesthesia.
- For an outer (lateral) thigh and buttock lift, the incision extends from hip to hip across the top of the buttocks. It is strategically placed so that it can be concealed under a bathing suit or undergarments.
- The incisions for an inner (medial) thigh lift are smaller and made in the groin crease so they are also concealed quite well.
- Using these incisions, the excess skin is removed and incisions closed with sutures.
- At the conclusion of the procedure, the patient is placed in a compression garment similar to a girdle to decrease swelling and aid in the natural shrinking and tightening of the skin.
- Pain is adequately controlled with oral medication
- You can return to sedentary work within one to two weeks
- You can slowly resume exercise in four to six weeks
The result is of these procedures is tighter, more attractive thighs and buttocks, improved contours and smoother skin. People who have experienced significant weight loss often describe the results as the “icing on the cake.”