Plastic Surgery for Men New Jersey – Chin Augmentation
A “weak chin” can make an appropriately sized nose and other facial features stand out. It can also cause men to be very dissatisfied with their profile. The surgical insertion of a chin implant, called “chin augmentation,” can improve your profile by creating better facial balance.
There are many different sizes and shapes for the chin implant, so you can achieve the specific look you desire. Computer imaging can be used to assist you in making this important decision. The silicone material of the implant also looks and feels very similar to bone, so the result is a very natural looking, natural feeling and defined chin.
According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 2,530 men underwent a chin augmentation in 2012, 23.6% of the total performed (10,734) even though men had only 9.5% of all the cosmetic surgical procedures in the country.
When performed by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon, chin augmentation can be one of the most rewarding plastic surgery procedures for men. Men often report a significant increase in their self-confidence, and enjoy looking more masculine.
Chin augmentation can be done by itself to build out a weak chin, or in conjunction with other procedures to balance the face. Rhinoplasty to improve the shape of the nose is one of the most popular procedures for men. Surgical procedures to improve the jaw and neckline, such as liposuction of the neck, face lift, or neck lift can further enhance the results of chin implant surgery for men. The following photos demonstrate how these procedures complement the results of chin augmentation.
- Chin implant surgery takes about 20 minutes, and can be done under local anesthesia with sedation
- A ¾ inch incision is made, hidden just beneath the chin
- The tissue is gently stretched until enough room is created for the implant, which will lie directly on the bone
- A tapered silicone chin implant is inserted into the newly created space, directly on the jawbone
- Small sutures are used to close the incision
- Recovery after chin implant surgery is relatively quick — the Parker Center’s Rapid Recovery Program will help optimize your healing.
- Sutures are removed within five days
- Swelling and discoloration subside within several days
- There should be very little pain overall
- Men can return to normal activities in 3 to 4 days and exercise in 10 to 14 days
For approximately six weeks, it is important to avoid activity that could jar or bump your chin. The scar tissue that forms around your implant is crucial in keeping it in place. It must remain undisturbed until you are fully healed.
Other Facial Procedures for Men
Chin Augmentation procedures at Parker Center for Plastic Surgery are commonly combined with a brow lift, eyelid rejuvenation, or rhinoplasty. During your initial consultation, we will go over all your options with you and together we can decide the best procedures to give you the look you desire.
Watch and hear stories from real New Jersey body surgery patients
"Everyone at the Parker Center is very good, very professional. Dr. Parker is very easy to talk to; it was just like talking to another guy." - Gynecomastia Treatment Patient
Latest Blog Posts
Paul M. Parker, M.D. · Parker Center for Plastic Surgery · Paramus NJ