Breast Augmentation for a New You
About the Procedure
If you’re thinking of having breast augmentation in NJ, you are not alone. Over 330,631 women underwent breast augmentation in 2012, making it the most common cosmetic surgery performed in the nation, according to statistics from the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. It is also the surgery performed most frequently by Dr. Parker.
The Breast Enlargement Experience
The immediate goal of surgery is to enlarge the breasts and improve their shape. While achieving this, patients experience an improved body image, self esteem and the freedom to wear clothes they had avoided in the past (see Emotional Considerations). Here at the Parker Center, we have noted a patient satisfaction rate after surgery of over 95%.
“I wanted to express how happy I am with my surgery. I was hesitant about having the surgery, but you put me at ease. It is wonderful dealing with such a great doctor and your staff. Thank you again for giving me back my confidence 100%.” —Breast Augmentation Paramus Patient
Saline Breast Implants
The best results with saline implants can approach the best results with silicone implants.
Silicone Breast Implants
Silicone gel implants feel softer and more natural than saline.
Surgery is performed under general anesthesia, administered by one of our board certified anesthesiologists, in our fully certified onsite ambulatory surgical center (see Patient Safety). Breast Augmentation procedures at the Parker Center for Plastic Surgery are often combined with a tummy tuck or liposuction.
Breast implants are inserted through small incisions which usually become inconspicuous after they heal.
Incisions can be placed through an incision under the breast, around the lower half of the areola, or through the armpit. Implants can be placed in front of, or behind the pectoralis muscle. Dr. Parker almost always inserts these implants behind the muscle. He believes the breasts look more natural, are less likely to develop capsular contracture (harden postoperatively), and allow the radiologist to visualize the breast tissue more easily on mammograms.
Several breast implant shapes are available today.
Moderate Plus Profile Smooth Round
moderate plus profile – click photos to enlarge
High Profile Smooth Round
high profile – click photos to enlarge
Your physical characteristics will often dictate which type is best for you. In terms of size, the breast increases approximately one cup size for each 200 cc of implant. Most commonly, implants ranging in size from 200 to 360 cc are used. Size selection varies with patient desire, chest size and the amount of breast tissue present. A natural appearance is paramount to us.
Picking the Right Size and Shape
We will help you determine what size implant is best for you with a sizing and shaping session during your consultation with Dr. Parker. This allows you to “try on a look” and get a better idea of your appearance after breast augmentation surgery.
We are delighted by our patients’ comments after they return for their follow up visits. They tell us that their recovery was quick, easy and often so very different from their friends who have undergone breast augmentation elsewhere. Showering and light activities are permitted the day after surgery. All sutures dissolve and do not have to be removed. Work can usually be resumed in several days.
Schedule a Consultation
There is a lot of information available on breast augmentation in NJ, sometimes to the point of being overwhelming and confusing. We are committed to patient education at the Parker Center, having found it to be a major contributor to the best surgical experience for our patients.
Our consultations with patients seeking breast augmentation at the Parker Center are comprehensive, lasting approximately one hour in length. During this time the patient will:
- Discuss with Dr. Parker their desires and expectations for breast augmentation
- Learn about the various options for breast implants
- Review the options for incisions used to insert these implants
- Undergo a Sizing and Shaping Session to determine optimal implant size and shape
- Hear the details of the surgical procedure and recovery
- Review Before & After Photos of Dr. Parker’s patients
- Read written and watch video testimonials of Dr. Parker’s patients
- Be given the opportunity to speak with Dr. Parker’s patients
- Receive a specific written quote detailing all costs for breast augmentation
- Learn about a pre op education session with Dr. Parker’s Nurse Coordinator prior to surgery
We believe the best plastic surgery consultations involve a two way conversation. You, as the patient, share with us exactly what you hope to achieve and we describe our approach to get you there. In addition to this, our goal is for you along with Dr. Parker and his staff to establish a rapport and comfort level with one another. This combination of effective conversation and bond between patient and surgeon is an important cornerstone to a successful outcome.
- Your personal plastic surgery consultation
- View before and after photos of breast augmentation patients
- Learn about the saline & silicone breast implants, your profile choices & more
- Learn how we help you test breast implants and find the right size during your sizing and shaping session
- View our animated breast augmentation procedure information
- Watch stories from real New Jersey breast augmentation patients
- Read New Jersey breast augmentation stories
- Learn about the emotional considerations involved with breast augmentation surgery
- Take our quiz to find out if you have capsular contracture.
See Financing Options at the Parker Center
Watch stories from real New Jersey breast augmentation patients
"Just want to let you know how very pleased I am with the results... I wish to thank you and your staff for making me feel so comfortable before, during and after the procedure. You have helped to increase my self esteem and I wish you continued success in helping others." -Breast Augmentation Patient
Breast Augmentation Blog Posts
Paul M. Parker, M.D. · Parker Center for Plastic Surgery · Paramus NJ