Welcome to the Parker Center for Plastic Surgery
For over 20 years, the Parker Center for Plastic Surgery in Paramus, New Jersey has been trusted by patients who desire natural-looking cosmetic surgery of the face, body and breasts. The Parker Center has its own on-site accredited surgery center, Surgiplex, to protect your privacy and safety. Our Beaura Spa offers a full range of medical spa services to help patients look and feel their best.
Meet Dr. Paul M. Parker
Founder and Medical Director of the Center, Paul M. Parker, MD, FACS, has over 20 years of surgical experience. He is renowned for his high-quality surgical results and his unwavering commitment to patient satisfaction.
Dr. Parker has been recognized as one of the country’s top plastic surgeons by Consumer’s Research Council of America and has been named in Castle Connolly’s registry of “America’s Cosmetic Doctors.” He also received the Patients’ Choice Award, an honor given to physicians who have received near perfect scores as voted by their patients.
“Dr. Parker is the kindest doctor that I have ever met. His bedside manner makes you feel that you are very important. He is very thorough and takes time listening to your problems.” – Plastic Surgery Patient
Dr. Parker is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the only official board for certifying plastic surgeons. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, the Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgeons, the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, and the New Jersey Society of Plastic Surgeons.
The Surgiplex Advantage
Surgical procedures at the Parker Center are performed in Surgiplex, an aesthetically pleasing ambulatory surgical facility designed with safety and comfort in mind. Surgiplex has been certified by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) and by Medicare. The 2,300-square-foot facility duplicates the safety of a hospital in a more relaxed, private, and calming atmosphere.
Patient safety was foremost in the design of Surgiplex. It features a dedicated air-filtration system, piped-in anesthesia gas, and an emergency generator to provide electricity in the event of a power failure. Its operating room lights, procedure table, anesthesia, monitoring equipment, and other safety machinery are state-of-the-art.
“Surgiplex is a very modern, well equipped facility where good quality, safe intra- and post-operative care are provided.” – Facelift Patient
The team of anesthesiologists is composed of board certified members of the attending staff at Good Samaritan Hospital in Suffern, New York. The nursing staff includes six registered nurses specifically trained in caring for plastic surgery patients. A certified medical technician is also on hand. The post-operative recovery area features a soothing environment that assures patient comfort.
The Rapid Recovery Program
Most of the Parker Center’s patients lead active lifestyles and desire as little downtime as possible following their procedures. To meet those needs, Dr. Parker designed a specialized program to help his patients recover more quickly. Our Rapid Recovery program includes:
- Shorter, or minimal incisions whenever possible and the limited use of medical tissue glue to speed healing
- Short-acting anesthetic agents and anti-emetic medications to hasten the recovery from anesthesia
- A tailored regimen of drugs to minimize post-operative pain
- A combination of oral medications given pre- and post-operatively to minimize swelling and bruising
- Topically applied skin creams and post-operative medical manual lymphatic drainage massage to accelerate healing
- Professionally applied camouflage makeup to get patients feel comfortable in public as quickly as possible
The Rapid Recovery protocols have proven to speed healing for post-operative patients, allowing them to return to their normal activities as quickly as possible after their surgery.
“I can’t thank Dr. Parker and the staff enough for the level of commitment and complete care from pre- to post-op. This positive experience has certainly had a huge impact on my rapid recovery.” – Plastic Surgery Patient
Relax & Perfect Your Look at Beaura Spa
The Parker Center for Plastic Surgery includes Beaura Spa, a medical spa offering therapeutic skin and body care, microdermabrasion, laser treatments like photo-rejuvenation, BOTOX® injections, and wrinkle fillers. In addition, this “medi-spa” affords patients a tranquil oasis in which to relax after surgery and receive soothing manual lymphatic drainage massage and camouflage makeup.
Overseen by Dr. Parker, the aestheticians and massage therapists at the spa are highly trained, highly qualified, and highly motivated to help patients achieve their goals and desires, whether to deal with stress or to recover from cosmetic surgery. Studies have shown that massage therapy boosts the immune system, so people who get regular massages experience fewer illnesses, better moods, and an overall feeling of well-being.
The spa’s state-of-the-art technology and services can address skin concerns such as acne, hyper-pigmentation, and signs of aging. The non-invasive procedures enable patients to resume everyday activities, in most cases immediately.
Choose the Parker Center
Dr. Parker and his NJ staff offer an educational and caring approaching to plastic surgery that works. The nurturing, caring team of highly trained professionals is attuned to the emotional and physical needs of their patients, supporting them through their recovery. This integrated approach includes every member of the team, from the front office and medical staff to the ancillary service providers such as registered nurses, massage therapists, and aestheticians. Dr. Parker has created an environment where communication is strongly emphasized and you, the patient, are the center of attention.
Online fee estimates include:
- Dr. Parker's fee for surgery
- All visits with Dr. Parker and staff before surgery and for one year after surgery
- Computer Imaging session with the Parker Center's professional photographer
- One hour long Pre-operative Education Session with the Parker Center's Nurse Educator
- Rapid Recovery peri operative medications to accelerate healing
- healing supplements given before and after surgery
- Three Manual Lymphatic Drainage massage treatments postoperatively
- Surgiplex operating room facility fee (onsite AAAASF certified center) and supplies
- Overnight stay if appropriate
- Implants or supplies indicated by the procedure
- Anesthesia administered and monitored by Board Certified Physician Anesthesiologist
- Implants, bra, or liposuction garment as indicated by the procedure